One of the fundamental elements of cannabis-infused cooking is cannabis-infused oil, which can be used as a base for a wide range of dishes. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll walk you through the process of making easy infused oil at home. Whether you’re a seasoned cannabis enthusiast or a curious novice, this easy recipe will help you elevate your culinary game.
You can even check the dosage of your infused oil with our Edibles Dosage Calculator!
Why Use Cannabis-Infused Oil?
Cannabis-infused oil is a must-have for any cannabis enthusiast looking to experiment in the kitchen. Here are some compelling reasons to consider incorporating it into your cooking:
1. Precise Dosing
When you infuse cannabis into oil, you can control the dosage more accurately than with other methods. This is crucial for achieving the desired effects without overindulging. Feel free to use our Edibles Dosage Calculator to figure out approximately how much THC is in your homemade edibles!
Cannabis-infused oil can be used in a wide range of recipes, from savory to sweet. It’s an incredibly versatile ingredient that can add depth and complexity to your dishes. Simply substitute the oil in any recipe for your infused oil and you’re ready for blast off!
3. Discreet Consumption
Cooking with cannabis-infused oil allows you to enjoy the benefits of cannabis without the need for smoking or vaping, making it a discreet and healthier option.
The Easy Infused Oil Recipe
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- 1 cup of cooking oil (we’ve had the best results with coconut oil, but olive oil works great too)
- 7 grams (or more!) of finely ground cannabis flower
- Saucepan or double boiler
- A glass or food-grade plastic container with a lid
- Decarboxylation: Preheat your oven to 240°F (115°C). Spread the finely ground cannabis evenly on a baking sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes. This process activates the cannabinoids, making them ready for infusion.
- Infusion: In a saucepan, combine the oil and decarboxylated cannabis. Simmer over low heat for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally. Make sure the temperature stays below 245°F (118°C) to avoid burning off valuable compounds.
- Straining: After simmering, strain the mixture through cheesecloth into your glass container. Squeeze out as much oil as possible from the cannabis.
- Storage: Seal the glass (or food-grade plastic) container with a lid and store it in a cool, dark place. Your cannabis-infused oil is now ready to use.
Remember that the potency of your infused oil depends on various factors, including the strain of cannabis and the cooking time. It’s advisable to start with small amounts in your recipes and gradually increase the dosage as needed.
Be sure to check the dosage of your infused oil with our Edibles Dosage Calculator!
🌿- Join The Lifestyle. Subscribe To Our Newsletter -🌿
Cooking with cannabis-infused oil opens up a world of culinary possibilities. With precise dosing, versatility, and a discreet consumption method, it’s no wonder that more people are embracing this trend. By following our easy infused oil recipe, you can create your own cannabis-infused oil and unlock a new realm of flavors and experiences in your cooking. So, why wait? Start infusing, start cooking, and elevate your culinary journey with cannabis-infused oil. Your taste buds will thank you. 🌿🍴🌟